Friday 19 August 2016

Prabhat Jain - An Amazing Father



Dad taught us many things. Do your best, don’t be lazy, be generous, play fair, things happen for a reason, and when you are down, get up and face life in all of the various complexities. I know from the bottom of my heart that the reason dad has gotten himself into this mess is because he cared an awful lot about people and his pride and he didn’t speak up when he should have.

Chris Jain
Teacher

[My father’s] resolve and commitment to our family was tested during my parent’s divorce and even as his fallibilities unraveled before me, he never blinked as my father. That was the defining moment in our relationship and despite my anger toward him, he continued to do what he had always done as my dad, cooking dinner for us, challenging me at school and encouraging me to play my hardest on the soccer field. We would talk late at night and with tears in our eyes he would tell me, “We will get through this together.” It was not so much his comforting words that brought me peace but his spirit to perseverance. 

Throughout my childhood I watched [my dad] build his ideas into leading technology companies and as I grew older I gained an understanding of what made those companies flourish, his energy and drive to create. Working with him for three years at a start-up, I saw what separated him from his peers, his devotion to his work and his belief in the human spirit to innovate, adapt and overcome adversity. Each person I encountered who worked with him would get a smile on their face when began to speak about him and say, “Your father is an amazing man!” 

Roshan Jain